Tonight at Midnight EST, in addition to the balance patch with some chill nerfs, here comes 3 new “breach proof” units and a set of special 24 hour temporary changes to boost breach proof strategy play and even a fun emote!
From the Prismata blog:
This time, we’re throwing a 24-hour BREACH PARTY on the Prismata ladder, in celebration of the release of 3 new Prismata units with one thing in common—they all help provide ways to execute the unusual Prismata strategy of not buying Walls.
At midnight EDT tonight, the BREACH PARTY will begin.
Here’s what we’ll happen:
- At midnight, the server will briefly go down for a mini-update in which BREACH PARTY MODE WILL BE ENABLED FOR 24 HOURS.
- The following three new units will be added: [Borehole Patroller, Tantalum Ray, Thorium Dynamo]. See below for their stats.
- During BREACH PARTY MODE, Prismata’s arena will temporarily undergo the following rule changes:
- The following 3 units will be 10 times as likely to appear in arena games: Borehole Patroller, Tantalum Ray, Thorium Dynamo.
- The following 10 units will be 3 times as likely to appear in arena games: Trinity Drone, Venge Cannon, Gauss Fabricator, Cluster Bolt, Iso Kronus, Wild Drone, Shredder, Ebb Turbine, Militia,Iceblade Golem.
- Embargoes will be applied after the above changes. For example, if Thorium Dynamo is embargoed by one player, it will show up with 3.33x its usual frequency instead of 10x its usual frequency.
- Custom games will not be affected.
- A balance patch will also be deployed at midnight. See here for details. Yes, Frostbite is getting nerfed. 😛
Announcing three new Prismata units:
I’m truthfully super excited for this update, because these are three of the most fun units we’ve tested yet. We hope you’ll enjoy them!
In Prismata, “going breach-proof” is the strategy of completely abandoning defense, in favour of purchasing bulky, high-HP units that are difficult to destroy. Here’s what it looks like in practice (see also the full replay):
For the BREACH PARTY, we’re boosting the appearance frequency of the best breach-proof units—those high-HP attackers and economic units that can take tons of damage and don’t really need defending with Walls. Moreover, you’ll be seeing ultra-frequent appearances of the mega-bulky Thorium Dynamo and Tantalum Ray to really take breach-proof strategies over the top.
If you’ve got plans tomorrow, fear not. We’ll be hosting an ENCORE BREACH PARTY again this Saturday from noon EDT until midnight, so you’ll have a second chance to get in on the action.
Also, we’ll be giving out a ton of free “It’s a breach party!” emotes in Prismata’s global chat, both tomorrow and Saturday. As well, I’ll be giving one to anyone I meet on the ladder!
See you at the BREACH PARTY!