Below is all the basic information you need to start playing. Click a section to expand it.Beginners Guide
Prismata is a turn-based strategy game. The objective of the game is to eliminate all of your opponent’s units.
Each turn, your units produce resources that are used to build more units. These units can also increase your attack power which allows you to destroy your opponents units.
Starting A Game
Explore the game by playing a bot:
- From the lobby, choose Challenge in the menu, then on the right, play vs computer.
- You can also choose different difficulty settings for the bot by clicking the button under “Play vs.”; choose the amount of time per turn; and choose the units that you will play with.
Key UI Elements In Game:
- Each turn starts with the player clicking their drones in order to use them.
- If left unclicked, they will simply defend.
- You can also ‘swipe’ with your cursor as a shortcut for clicking.
- The player can choose what units to purchase and what units to attack with (if any).
- Their turn ends when the time runs out, or when the player clicks “End Turn.”
There are 5 basic resources in the game:
Gold and Green are saved between turns, the others are not.
- You begin the game with units that produce Gold (Drones), and Energy (Engineers).
- The other 3 resource generators must be purchased.
Ending the Game:
The game will end once you or your opponent has no remaining units. Alternatively, either player can resign at any time in the game options (using the gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen).
Remember that if you want to go back and analyze your games, or even send a link to a friend, you can always access a real-time record of every game you’ve played in the “Replays” section. This is accessible from the game’s home screen.
Units and Abilities
Every Prismata match includes the following 11 base units:
Here’s an explanation of the abilities you will find on the various units:
Buying Base Units:
- E – Engineer
- D – Drone
- C – Conduit
- B – Blastforge
- A – Animus
- F – Forcefield
- G – Gauss Cannon
- W – Wall
- S – Steelsplitter
- T – Tarsier
- R – Rhino
- 1-8 – These keys will buy the corresponding random set unit. Note that you can drag the random set units to change their order, also changing the hotkeys.
- Q – Click every Drone at once
- [tab] – Switch between Base Set and Random Units
- [space] – Press to End turn, press again to confirm turn
- [shift-click] – Select all units of that type at once. Very useful when dealing with piles of units that have the Chill ability.
- [ctrl] – While held down, you see your opponent’s remaining seeds in the buy box (instead of your own). If chat is open, pressing ctrl expands chat.
- [ctrl] + [Z] – Undo
- [enter] – To chat
- [up]/[down] – Switch chat channels
If you get stuck on the tutorial stages, here’s some help: