From this reddit thread:
When: On Saturday, September 26th at 1PM CST the first Half Draft Prismata Tournament will be taking place.
Who: Players of all tiers are welcomed to participate. There is no entrance fee, but registration closes 2 hours before starting time. Players may only play under one account (*cough* MasN 3-7) and only one player may play under each account (*cough* GranularGaming).
What: Half Draft is a format where the players draft half of the units for the random set. The bracket will be double elimination with Best of 3 series on the 45s time setting. The picking process is designed to somewhat reduce the randomness of Base+8 as well as letting both players use units they think are stronger or more enjoyable. Each player gets to ban two units [Seeexplanationbelow] from all of their games as well as pick 2 of the random set units for each series; the other 4 units are selected randomly from the unbanned units. Each Best of 3 series has a player randomly assigned to play white for the whole series before the units are picked. All drafted units can be built by both players. [See extended example below]
Why: URN REEL MONEY. The whopping $20 first place prize puts Half Draft above PAWC in terms of cash prize pools. You can also have fun, if you want.
Fine Print on Picks and Bans:
- You receive 2 separate bans: 1 unit you do not wish to play against when you are Player 1 and 1 unit you do not wish to play against when you are Player 2
- These 2 bans are chosen at the time you register and remain constant throughout the tournament (you may keep changing these until registration closes)
- You may not ban any unit from the base set
- You may elect not to ban any unit
- Trinity Drone and Vivid Drone will be banned by default to allow for some diversity of bans (this is open for debate)
- After flipping for who will be Player 1 and double-checking each other’s bans, Player 1 selects an unbanned random set unit, then Player 2 selects two different units, and then Player 1 selects their final unit.
- The picks and bans stay they same throughout the series and the 4 random units are rerolled.
- Picks change at the start of every series
Don’t forget to register here.
P.S. If you are able to stream on the 26th, let me know! I am not a streamer or caster.
Added this to the tournament calendar, don’t forget to register!! I’ll update this with the results after it’s over! 😀